8.25.2009

Muddy Buddy

Mike (my husband) and one of his friends recently partook in the "Muddy Buddy". It was an event in which I had to get to up at 4:30 in the f-ing morning to drive up to Gilberts, IL to cheer on Mike and take pictures. Termed an "adventure race", your team of two alternates between running/completing obstacles and biking over the five leg race. Once you finish the run/bike you and your partner must crawl through the mud pit, and in this case a nice mix of cow shit, to the finish line. Despite the obvious athleticism, the participants also get to consume free redhook beer and tailgate after the race. This particular muddy buddy (and maybe others, I wouldn't know) took place on a huge farm out in the country. The rain the previous few days had made conditions difficult even for those not participating. I somehow managed to get quite muddy, although I did not have a buddy.

Can anyone guess their team name?



P.S. my shoes still haven't recovered



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...