4.07.2012

One Room, Two Ways

So. I've been thinking about updating the living room. I'm over the damask print and the shitty shedding rug, and the pillows have seen better days. So I started looking around for inspiration. First, I found this black and white striped rug (P.S. it's more of an off white) Then, I perused Pinterest and Etsy for additional accessories. Ikat is huge right now, so I found two black and white coordinating pillows. Then, I remembered the lovely moon print that I pinned awhile back. Through in a vintage butterfly poster and some vases and I'm done. 
But wait. 


One of the other things I found on Pinterest was this image from Domino magazine.
Domino's Mini Guide: Twin Beds (June/July 2008 issue), photo by Justin Bernhaut via Little Green Notebook
Can I go for something like this? If you've spent any time here you know that this color combo is way out of my norm. But. I like it. I like the bright, happy contrast of the red and blue. Plus just like the first option, I would just have to add some accessories: beautiful aqua and tan ikat pillows, La Terre instead of La Lune, some bright butterflies to replace the more subdued print, some teal vases and maybe a throw. There's no way I'm going to touch the two story walls so the linen colored paint (Behr Gobi Desert) would stay, but I think it would tie in nicely to the tans in the ikat.



So. I'm putting it out there. What do you think? Family, friends, anonymous; which way should I go? Leave a comment below and let me know your favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...