4.20.2010

Container Gardening


I'm very excited to plant a container garden this year. Last year I planted some basil and flat leaf parsley that was dried up within a few weeks because I forgot to water them consistently. That's my problem; consistency. Anyway, I've been doing a little research over the past few weeks on the types of vegetables that will grow well in containers and have narrowed it down to:

  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Lettuce (such as Black Seeded Simpson)
  • Green Onion
  • Chive
Plus
  • Flat Leaf Parsley
  • Basil
It's not that much but it's still very ambitious, as I'm not sure how well everything will fair on the very sunny patio, plus my problem with consistency, also my fear of spiders...

I still have a few things to consider in regards to soil and fertilizer. I need soil and fertilizer/compost. I haven't started my own compost yet so I'll have to stick to the store bought. Below are a few ideas to make my little container garden not only functional, but stylish too






I can't forget some sweet wellies for muddy spring days





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...