4.26.2011

Easter

Easter has come and gone and marked what feels to be the real beginning of spring. Friday night gave us a thunderstorm, which allowed time for little hands to get busy painting eggs.



Saturday was dry with little bits of sun peaking out throughout the day. We sat on the deck, hunted for eggs, colored with chalk, tried to fly a kite, and ate antipasto. We ate our Easter dinner on Saturday and spent the evening huddled tightly around the dinner table until we instead huddled around the fire for s'mores, wine and laughs.





It was a wonderful weekend although it felt a little off kilter without Mike. He was home working and catching up on some sleep.  In the next few weeks, my weekend clinicals start up again and I won't be able to sneak away for the weekend between exams. I'm trying to soak up these spring weekends, because before I know it, it will be the heat of the summer and the return of fall, as I continue my journey through nursing school and starting to take the journey back home to Michigan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...