10.15.2011

Simple and Natural Fall Decor


I've just completed this years fall decorating. Last year, I cleaned out my fall decor bin and started with a relatively clean slate this year. I never like to spend a lot of money on decor since it's only on display for a few months, so I opted instead for some inexpensive natural elements.

I found this idea from Better Homes and Gardens, and knew I could create something similar. I grabbed the leaves during a morning walk and put them in some spare frames, using the back of the page that comes with the frames for a white background. I plan on doing something similar with pine branches.

I also picked up some mums for $2.50 a pot and put them in some ikea planters. I know mums live outside but I put them outside every other day to get some sun, and they're holding up well.

The wreath was half off at Hobby Lobby (when are things not half off at Hobby Lobby?).

The ceramic pumpkin is one of the few things left in my decor bin, and sits atop the books on the coffee table.

The pumpkins on the steps are actually faux, craft pumpkins, but I they have a pretty realistic look and never rot. I'm thinking about spray painting them white for a clean, elegant look.

I plan on grabbing a few more things on clearance to add to the bin for next year, like this cornucopia, or these white pumpkin candles.

Check out some more holiday decorating ideas on my Pinterest page

What types of fall decor does everyone else have around the house, I'd love to see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...