6.25.2010

Polenta Pizzas

I've had a tube of Trader Joe's organic polenta for longer than I care to say, sitting patiently in the cheese drawer for me to do something with it, and since I'm working on emptying out the fridge before grocery shopping, I decided I'd stared at it for long enough.



I halfheartedly looked for a recipe, but decided to wing it. I placed the biggest flat bottom skillet I had on the stove and gave it a generous drizzle of olive oil. While that was heating, I sliced the polenta, added salt, pepper and parsley to one side and put it seasoned side down into the hot skillet. While the first side was cooking, I seasoned the exposed side. After about 10 minutes, I flipped em' and browned the other side for another 10 minutes. I took them all out of the pan and put them on a baking sheet. I then took a spoon and dolloped on a bit of leftover marinara.



Look at that crispy little guy.

Then I added 1/2 cup total of equal parts shredded Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese.



I put them under the broiler on low for 3 minutes, then we devoured them in about that same amount of time.




Again, a not so high quality iPhone camera (and our much loved baking pan) make for a not so awesome photo, but you get the idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...