8.03.2010

Good Morning

In the morning, I am one of the crabbiest people you will ever meet. I've been known to shout obsentites at my cat for wanting attention the instant I wake up. Although I'm not to the point where I through my alarm clock across the room, I do contemplate it every morning. I also contemplate calling in sick. Every. Day.

Even with this sweet disposition in the morning, I don't mind being woken up in the middle of the night by thunder and rain on the roof. I actually enjoy waking up to listen, then turning over, snuggling deep into the comforter and falling blissfully back to sleep. That was not the case this morning. The thunder was hitting loudly at regular intervals and Olive was scared as usual, snuggled into my neck as I held the blanket tightly around her like a swaddle. I figured it was about 2:00 am. False. It was 5:50. How cruel to wake up to a storm only to have your alarm go off 10 minutes later. Coupled with this sweet headache I have, it's going to be a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...