8.16.2010

Tick Tock

Every time I see a mama with a belly, or read a facebook post about contractions, or pictures of newborn babes, or when I see a baby in a sling, or hear it cry, I hear it. I hear this ticking in my head, and feel a little squeeze in my heart. I'm ready.

I've wanted to be pregnant and have children for as long as I can remember. I've been happily in love with my husband for 9 years and married 2. I'm so ready to have children. But there's a problem. No, not a problem with Mike or I (fortunately) but we have this plan about the order we want things to happen. Mike has his career, we have a house, a sweet little pup, and we're financially stable. But the problem is that I don't have my career. I have a degree, but no career (read about that here). Although I could forgo the career and starting having babies, I know that, for me, I need to have that accomplished first. I want to feel like I've completed all the necessary steps of adulthood, and to find fulfillment in my education and profession. And I will. I start my accelerated nursing program on September 1st. After I complete 21 months of coursework, and take my boards, I'll be done.

Then I can get pregnant.

So I know I have to wait about 2 more years, but that doesn't stop me from scouring the internet for beautiful and badass baby gear (yes, I know babies are more than sweet gear, c'mon) but this is all I can do for now to dim the ticking in my head.

Here is some of that sweet gear now.



ERGObaby carrier


I even have plans for the future nursery

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...