8.05.2010

Whole Wheat Penne with Creamy Pesto

The basil is growing beautifully and although we've been using a few leaves here and there for some regular recipes, I figured it was time to use it for something that would use up a substantial amount of the proliferating herb. Of course, nothing uses basil like pesto. Classic pesto always comes across a little harsh for me, so when I found this creamy version concocted by chef Rocco DiSpirito in Mike's Runners' World, I thought I'd give it a go.



-2 cups basil

-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

-1 cup sour cream

-2 tablespoons pine nuts

-3 cloves of garlic

-small handful flat leaf parsley

-salt and pepper to taste

In a food processor (I rock the magic bullet), combine all the ingredients and pulse until smooth and creamy. This recipe makes enough pesto for 3/4 to 1 pound of pasta

Want to get all my Domestic Observances sent straight to your email? Enter your email in the box on the left that says "Subscribe via email". Or subscribe to posts here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...