8.30.2010

Summer Farewell



I've been feeling a bit melancholy about the inevitable end of summer. Today is the first day of classes for my 21 month, accelerated nursing program. In the past I preferred Autumn over summer, but now saying goodbye to summer feels like I'm saying goodbye to my "youth" instead of part time jobs and carefree summers, I'm trading up for a career and working holidays. August just flew by, and I feel I did really well filling up every spare minute of my social calender. All in all, I have to say that this has been one of the best summers that I can remember.

At one point this summer, during our summer getaway in June, I thought about putting together a list of words to describe each day of our trip. I never completed said list but thought it would be fun to compile a list of words to describe the summer in it's entirety. Some are inside jokes, but most can be taken at face value. Here goes:

Trailer Park Boys
Fenn Valley Rosé
Deck Sprayer
Last Hurrah
Thunderstorms
Catfish
Serrano Peppers
Butter Pecan
True Blood
Life changing decisions
Mosquitoes
Campfire Chili
Air Conditioning
Lunchtime walks
UV Blue
Half Sticks
Detox
Eclipse
Kiddie Pool
The Lonely Walk
S'Mores
Tarp City
Farmers Market
Beer Steins
Power Outages
Puppy Play dates
Guacamole
Summer Shandy
Twelfth Night

Hey, we still have Labor Day weekend...

Want to get all my Domestic Observances sent straight to your email? Enter your email in the box on the left that says "Subscribe via email". Or subscribe to posts here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...