9.01.2010

Mixmaster

When I inherited a 1970s Sunbeam Mixmaster from my grandma, I set to cleaning and polishing it in order to use it to make all sorts of baked goods. Thus far, I made a loaf of banana bread and a Barefoot Contessa boxed cupcake mix that I had sitting in my pantry for awhile. I also inherited two wooden recipe boxes full of my Grandma's old recipes. I sorted through them a bit and plan on putting them into a family cookbook. I love the idea of using the same mixer my grandma used while making her delicious desserts. She used to send tins and bags of cookies every year around the holidays, and I plan on continuing the tradition this year.







Here's my super easy banana bread recipe:

- 3 ripe bananas

- 1/3 cup melted butter

- 3/4 cup sugar

- 1 egg, beaten

- 1 teaspoon vanilla

- 1 teaspoon baking soda

- Pinch of salt

1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Using a fork or potato masher, mash the bananas. Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl on low speed. While the mixer is running, add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Once mixed, add the baking soda and salt. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered and floured loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

*This recipe can easily be done without a stand mixer as well*


Want to get all my Domestic Observances sent straight to your email? Enter your email in the box on the left that says "Subscribe via email". Or subscribe to posts here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...