11.02.2011

Halloween

Even though Halloween fell on a Monday, Mike and I both had Halloween off so we headed to our friends Kate & Derek's house in Chicago. There's always been a little sweet spot in my heart for the city. I loved visiting and commuting down there when I started college and still love the ambiance of Chicago. Our friends live in a a gorgeous and spacious three flat near some wonderful restaurants and shopping, and it made me long (just a little) for city living.


 



Watching kids trick or treat down the tree lined city streets up to the beautiful, vintage buildings was like living in a movie.

  After appetizers, wine, and dinner, we headed to the local bars for drinks and dancing.

 In the morning, slightly the worse for wear (at least me), we walked a few blocks for breakfast and coffee. 

Now that it's November it feels like the year is winding down to a close. This year has flown by, from New Year's to my Birthday, to our Spring Vacation, to the 4th of July, to Labor Day to Halloween.

On to The Holidays.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...