12.09.2011

Rustic Modern Kitchen

So. Early this year I showed you this design day dream. I wanted some professional feedback so I asked Genevieve Gorder of Trading Spaces and Dear Genevieve for her opinion through twitter. Well being the busy lady that she is, my only feedback was "edit, less is more". I'm sure she was referring to the mix between kitchen and living room and the use of all the accessories. I took that original board and broke them into kitchen and living room to clean it up a bit. I did decide to keep the accessories because I felt it gave some additional interest and texture to the board.

I'm sure you may have noticed a bit of a theme throughout my mood boards: gray, navy, neutrals and silver. That's because that is my style (check out my pinterest page) and I don't expect everyone to share my aesthetic, but I share it to offer inspiration and to provide myself with a space to organize my ideas. This board represents my dream (definitely dream, viking appliances?) kitchen; marble and stainless steel counters, gray painted cabinets, high end appliances, and crisp white and navy accessories. I love the blend of rustic natural woods in the flooring, table, and open shelving, mixed with the modern/industrial appliances and lighting.

  1. Armoire -IKEA. Looks black in this picture but is actually a dark charcoal. I like this for cabinet color inspiration but it could also be used as a pantry if space is limited.
  2. Subway backsplash tile - available at home improvement and tile stores. Maybe some interest with a moroccan tile? - Tarbarka Studios - image via Happy Habitat. Marble counters or maybe just an island.
  3. Rustic floating open shelving - A good DIY
  4. Viking Appliances - I said dream kitchen
  5. Rectangular Shade Pendant - Restoration Hardware
  6. Reclaimed wood dining table - Sundance Catalog - but could be another DIY
  7. White dishes and serveware - IKEA, Target, Crate & Barrel
  8. Apron sink - A little bit country
  9. White nested work bowls - IKEA, Target, Crate & Barrel
  10. KitchenAid Stand Mixer
  11. Industrial Lighting - Sea Gull Lighting
  12. Zig Zag Rug - Calypso St. Barth
  13. Jackson Metal Tub Chair - World Market
  14. White Tea Tower - Macy's
  15. Le Creuset French Oven - Sur la table
  16. Wood Flooring - Lumber Liquidators or home improvement store
  17. Stainless Steel Island - IKEA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...